“Fire Cider”: A Popular Home Remedy for a Stronger Immune System
🔥 “Fire Cider” is an age-old folk remedy that has been beloved in the United States for years and praised to the skies by herbalists for its immune-boosting properties. This elixir is composed of super ingredients that almost everyone has at home, and it is surprisingly easy to prepare."🔥
Fall marks the start of cold and flu season, but you can take control with a remarkable elixir that fights illness even if you don't have a green thumb. These natural ingredients are easily available and will keep the seasonal sniffles at bay.
How to protect yourself from cold and flu season
As temperatures drop, people move indoors, making it easy for viruses to spread. Moreover the arrival of autumn and winter brings a succession of sugar-rich holidays. It's no wonder that we often welcome the new year a few pounds heavier and with a little sniffle. Both excessive sugar consumption and overindulgence can take a toll on the immune system, making your body more vulnerable to a variety of viruses, bacteria and superbugs.
So, what's the solution? Does this mean you should abstain from these festivities? Certainly not! Even if you eat healthily, the occasional virulent germ can breach your defenses. While it's undoubtedly helpful to watch your sugar and unhealthy food intake this holiday season, there are natural herbs and superfoods that you can combine to create a powerful cold and flu remedy that provides extra protection against those pesky seasonal germs.
The Powerful Ingredients
Let's reveal the super ingredients that go into this disease protection elixir:
- Apple cider vinegar: Packed with probiotic bacteria, antioxidants and polyphenols, a powerful weapon against colds and flu.
- Mierikswortelwortel: A sinus-clearing dynamo and a formidable antibacterial agent, which tackles harmful bacteria.
- Turmericwortel: A champion in the fight against respiratory diseases, inflammation and strengthening your immune system.
- Rosemary: Not only antimicrobial, but also a pain reliever, and it tackles foodborne pathogens.
- Thyme: Soothes coughs and asthma, promotes digestion and removes bacteria.
- Oregano: Historically known for managing flu symptoms, carvacrol fights viruses.
- Ginger: Promotes digestion, reduces inflammation and strengthens your body's defenses.
- Garlic: Improves immune function and fights germs so you stay healthy.
- Cinnamon: Clears mucus and clogged airways and contains anti-inflammatory antioxidants.
- Citrus fruits: Rich in vitamin C and flavonoids with anti-inflammatory properties, which drastically reduce the duration of colds and flu.
- Cayenne pepper: Keeps germs at bay, relieves pain and clears mucus, all while warming your body.
- Raw honey: With antibacterial properties it is a natural protectant (not suitable for babies).
The Ultimate Elixir Recipe
This recipe is similar to 'fire cider', except it contains more herbs, which target a wider range of winter diseases. Instead of the dried herbs, a whole sprig of rosemary, thyme and oregano can also be used. Gather all your ingredients and supplies.
- 1 quart jar
- 2 cayenne peppers
- 3 turmeric carrots
- ½ ginger root
- 5 – 6 garlic cloves
- 3 – 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar (adjust to cover ingredients)
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 organic orange
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 6 – 8 pieces of horseradish root
- ¼ cup raw unfiltered honey
Rinse and dry all your whole ingredients, then cut the carrots and place them in the pot.
Add the cinnamon sticks and cayenne peppers to the inside of the pot.
Cut the citrus fruits into quarters and peel the garlic cloves.
For the dried herbs, you can tie them in cheesecloth or add whole sprigs to the pot.
Add the cheesecloth, remaining carrots, garlic cloves, and citrus pieces, leaving some space at the top of the pot.
Pour in the honey and vinegar until all the ingredients are submerged.
Store the jar in a cool, dry place for four weeks and shake it vigorously every day
Then you can strain the vinegar into a new jar.
How to use?
Take 1-2 teaspoons daily of this incredible elixir. You can also use it as a dressing for salads or create your own unique tonics. It stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to six months - just in time for a full cold and flu season!
! So what are you waiting for and make your own "Fire Cider" and treat yourself and your family to a fiery shot of immunity boost!